With the new year comes the opening up of nominations for Senior Market Advisor’s 2008 Advisor of the Year.
As of Jan. 1, the official nomination form is “live” online at www.smaadvisorofyear.com. If you or an advisor you know deserves to be considered for the 2008 award, start the process by filling out the form and submitting the nomination. The deadline for nominations is April 15, and the field will be whittled to five finalists by the time the August issue of the magazine comes out. The 2008 Advisor of the Year will be named, as usual, at Senior Market Advisor Expo, scheduled for Aug. 20-22 at the plush Royal Pacific Resort in Orlando.
In an effort to strive further toward attracting nominations of well-rounded, highly ethical top producers, we have refined our requirements for nominees to be considered for the prestigious title.
- Have a minimum of five consecutive current years as an advisor
- Have sold a minimum of $5 million in annuity/life insurance premium in PERSONAL production during 2007; or have sold a minimum of $400,000 in LTCI premium in PERSONAL production during 2007
- Clear a 7-year background check for civil, criminal and business violations by the National Ethics Bureau (for complete details about the background check, visit www.ethicscheck.com)
- Have an average client age of 60 or older
- Be able to demonstrate a commitment to community involvement
All figures for finalist candidates will be verified, and all five finalists will be asked to participate in a panel discussion at Senior Market Advisor Expo 2008.