Daniel Toran, president of Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company, will retire Dec. 31, the company says.
Toran has been president of Penn Mutual, Horsham, Pa., since 1997.
Robert Chappell, chairman and chief executive of Penn Mutual, will assume the title of president, the company says.
Chappell is chairman of the Insurance Federation of Pennsylvania Inc., Philadelphia
In other personnel news:
- Munich Reinsurance A.G., Munich, Bavaria, has hired Michael DeKoning to be president of Munich American Reassurance Company, Atlanta.
DeKoning who previously was a senior vice president at Manulife Financial Corp., Toronto, succeeds David Holland.
Holland is retiring from the post of president but will continue to be vice chair of the Munich American board.
DeKoning is a fellow of the Society of Actuaries and a director of the Medical Insurance Bureau, Westwood, Mass.
Munich Re also has promoted Mary Forrest to be chair of Munich American and head of North America (life). Forrest is a fellow of the Society of Actuaries.
Forrest succeeds Jim Brierley who is retiring from his post as chair of Munich American.
Brierley was the 2005-2006 chairman of the Canadian Life and Health Insurance Association, Toronto.
- Assurant Health Inc., Milwaukee, a unit of Assurant Inc., New York, has promoted Steve Dziedzic to senior vice president and chief actuary, from vice president.
Dziedzic has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Southern California. He is a fellow of the Society of Actuaries.
- Symetra Financial Corp., Bellevue, Wash., has promoted David Manning to vice president of underwriting for the group division, from assistant vice president.
Manning has a bachelor’s degree from Boston University.
- New York Life Insurance Company, New York, has hired Vikram Sawhney and Susan Cartledge.
Sawhney, who is senior vice president of business development at New York Life International, previously was head of business development for India at General Electric Company, Fairfield, Conn.
Sawhney has a bachelor’s degree from Ohio Wesleyan University and a master’s degree in business from the University of Chicago.
Cartledge, who will be senior vice president of human resources development at New York Life International, previously was human resources director for a division at International Business Machines Corp., Armonk, N.Y.
Cartledge has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Wolverhampton and a master’s degree from the University of Portsmouth.
- American Specialty Health Inc., San Diego, has promoted Kevin Kujawa to chief information officer and executive vice president, from senior vice president of information technology operations.
Kujawa has a bachelor’s degree in computer sciences from Northern Illinois University and a master’s degree in business from the University of Nevada – Las Vegas.
- TCC of South Carolina Inc., Charleston, S.C., an independent benefit plan administrator, has hired Robert Rhodes to be executive vice president and chief operating officer.
Rhodes previously was deputy general counsel at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of South Carolina, Columbia, S.C.
Rhodes has a bachelor’s degree and a law degree from the University of South Carolina.
- Lockton Cos. Inc., Kansas City, Mo., has hired Jane Schmittgens to be unit manager for the firm’s employee benefits operation in St. Louis.
Schmittgens has a bachelor’s degree in finance from Western Illinois University.
Lockton also has hired Michelle Fitter, Sheila Geisler, Sarah Marsh and Dana Vedder to be account managers.