Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company has named Elizabeth Ward senior vice president and chief enterprise risk officer.
Ward will succeed John Skar, who is retiring.
She previously was managing director at Babson Capital Management L.L.C., a MassMutual subsidiary.
Ward has a bachelor’s degree in economics and Spanish from the University of Rochester. She is a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries.
In other personnel news:
- AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company, New York, a unit of AXA S.A., Paris, has promoted Kevin Molloy to senior vice president of distribution finance, from vice president of distribution finance.
Molloy has a bachelor’s degree in resource economics and a master’s degree in agricultural and resource economics from the University of Connecticut.
- HealthMarkets Inc., North Richland Hills, Texas, has hired David Fields to be executive vice president and chief operating officer.
Fields previously was chief executive officer of UniCare Life and Health Insurance Company, a unit of WellPoint Inc., Indianapolis. Before that he was general manager of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia, Atlanta.
Fields has a bachelor’s degree in commerce-accounting from the University of Louisville.
- New York Life Insurance Company, New York, has named Eileen Slevin chief information officer.
Slevin, who has been a senior vice president at New York Life, will continue to hold that title.
Slevin has a bachelor’s degree from Herbert H. Lehman College, City University of New York.
- Creative Marketing International Corp., Overland Park, Kan., has hired Mike Cajthaml to be a senior vice president in its Tailor Made Services producer group.
Cajthaml previously ran McHenry County Investment Services Inc., McHenry, Ill., a financial planning practice affiliated with a savings bank.
The Tailor Made Services unit provides marketing and training support for successful financial advisors.
- Conseco Inc., Carmel, Ind., has hired Mark Billingsley to be senior vice president, health valuation.
Billingsley previously was the chief actuary of the Ceres Group subsidiary at Great American Financial Resources Inc., Cincinnati.
Billingsley has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Nebraska at Lincoln. He is a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries and holds a number of other professional designations, including the Chartered Life Underwriter and Chartered Financial Consultant designations.
- Curian Capital L.L.C., Denver, a managed accounts unit of Prudential P.L.C., London, has promoted Greg Verfaillie to senior vice president and national sales manager.
Verfaillie previously was divisional vice president for the West region.
- Meritain Health Inc., Amherst, N.Y., has hired Robert John Cooper to be regional vice president of sales for a region that includes Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, and the northern parts of Nevada and California.
Cooper previously owned the Insurance Solution Center Inc., Boise, Idaho.
Cooper has a bachelor’s degree in marketing from Boise State University.