- 9%: Percentage of employed caregivers who leave the workforce as a result of their caregiving responsibilities; 3% took early retirement and 6% left the workforce entirely.
- $2,110: Average cost to employers per employee for all full-time employed caregivers. The total estimated cost is $17.1 billion.
- 33%: Percentage of employers nationwide, with more than 500 employees, that provide eldercare programs to their employees.
- 25%: Percentage of men and women surveyed who reported considering a job change to accomodate caregiving.
- 66%: Percentage of men and women surveyed who do not know about existing corporate eldercare benefits.
Source: MetLife Mature Market Institute