AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company has hired William McDermott to be executive vice president of corporate markets.
McDermott previously was executive vice president of large corporate market retirement services for the Fidelity Employer Services Company unit at Fidelity Investments, Boston.
McDermott has a bachelor’s degree in finance from Villanova University.
In other personnel news:
- Allstate Corrp., Northbrook, Ill., has hired Michele Coleman Mayes to be senior vice president and general counsel.
Mayes succeeds Michael McCabe, who has retired.
Mayes previously was general counsel at Pitney Bowes Inc., Stamford, Conn. She also has worked as an assistant U.S. attorney in Michigan and in New York.
- Western & Southern Financial Group, Cincinnati, has promoted Charles White to be senior vice president for financial institutions at its W&S Financial Group Distributors Inc. unit.
White previously was a senior regional vice president in the group.
White has a bachelor’s degree in political science from the University of Chicago. He is a past board president of the Court Appointed Special Advocates, McKinney, Texas.
- Scottish Re Group Ltd., Hamilton, Bermuda, has hired Terry Eleftheriou to be executive vice president and chief financial officer.
Eleftheriou, who will be based in Hamilton, previously was a group finance executive at XL Capital Ltd., Hamilton.
Eleftheriou has a bachelor’s degree in economics from the City University in London. He holds the Certified Public Accountant professional designation and is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales.
- Hewitt Associates Inc., Lincolnshire, Ill., has named Andrew Cox to be head of its global benefits consulting business.
Cox, who will be based on London, previously led Hewitt’s U.K. retirement consulting business.
Cox has a bachelor’s degree in banking and finance from Birmingham University.
- Genworth Financial Inc., Richmond, Va., has hired Al Orendorff to be vice president of public relations.
Orendorff previously was director of U.S. public relations for Aon Corp., Chicago. He started out as a television reporter in Peoria, Ill.
Orendorff has a bachelor’s degree in mass communications from Illinois State University.