The Missouri Department of Insurance, Financial Institutions & Professional Registration has named Frederick Heese to be the chief financial examiner for the insurance solvency and company regulation division.
Heese previously was an audit manager in the department.
Heese has a bachelor’s degree in finance from Missouri State University and a master’s degree in business from the University of Missouri-Kansas City. He is a member of the board of the Society of Financial Examiners, Altamonte Springs, Fla.
In other personnel news:
- Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company, Springfield, Mass., has promoted Isadore Jermyn to chief actuary.
Jermyn, a senior vice president at MassMutual, has a bachelor’s degree in mathematics and statistics and a bachelor’s degree in economics, management and actuarial science from the University of Cape Town. He has a master’s degree in politics, philosophy and economics from Oxford University.
MassMutual has promoted another executive, Debra Palermino, to senior vice president of corporate human resources.
Palermino previously was corporate vice president of corporate human resources.
Palermino has a bachelor’s degree from Manhattanville College and a master’s degree in business from the University of Hartford.
- Kehrer-LIMRA, a unit of LIMRA International, Windsor, Conn., has hired Kelly Haskins to be managing director.
Haskins previously was senior vice president for operations, technology and marketing at investment units of Webster Financial Corp., Farmington, Conn.
- Sandler O’Neill + Partners L.P., New York, has hired George Johns to be a principal in the investment banking group.
Johns, who will be based in New York, previously was head of the financial institutions investment banking practice at Wachovia Securities, a unit of Wachovia Corp., Charlotte, N.C.
Johns has a bachelor’s degree from Georgetown University and a master’s degree in business from Stanford University.
- AIG SunAmerica Retirement Markets Inc., Los Angeles, a unit of American International Group Inc., New York, has hired Christopher Carey to be a vice president in the national accounts department.
Carey, who will be based in Rhode Island, previously was a vice president and channel head in the wirehouse/regional division at Allianz Life Financial Services L.L.C., Golden Valley, Minn., a unit of Allianz S.E., Munich.
Carey has a bachelor’s degree in economics from Nichols College.
- The group insurance unit of CIGNA Corp., Philadelphia, has named Dr. Allen Woolf chief medical officer.
Woolf previously was medical officer at CIGNA’s behavioral health unit.
Woolf has a medical degree from Harvard University and is board-certified in pediatrics.
- Digital Insurance Inc., Atlanta, has hired Brian Jones to be vice president of acquisitions.
Jones previously worked in Texas for a managed care unit of UnitedHealth Group Inc., Minnetonka, Minn.