ING U.S. Financial Services has chosen Daniel Mulheran to be president of its life insurance distribution organization.
Mulheran, who is based in Minneapolis, previously was an executive vice president and head of the independent general agency distribution channel at ING U.S., Atlanta, a unit of ING Groep N.V., Amsterdam.
Mulheran has a bachelor’s degree from California State University, Hayward. He holds the Chartered Life Underwriter and Chartered Financial Consultant professional designations.
In other personnel news:
- SunAmerica Retirement Markets Inc., Los Angeles, a unit of American International Group Inc., New York, has hired Kymberly Gambale to be national accounts manager for the wirehouse division.
Gambale previously was a vice president and national account manager for the mutual fund and annuity group at Smith Barney, a unit of Citigroup Inc., New York.
Gambale has a bachelor’s degree in finance from the University of South Carolina.
- Old Mutual Financial Network, Atlanta, a unit of Old Mutual P.L.C., London, has hired Jeffrey Suyematsu to be vice president of life insurance distribution.
Suyematsu previously was a senior vice president at Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America, Golden Valley, Minn., a unit of Allianz S.E., Munich.
Suyematsu has a bachelor’s degree in business from the University of Massachusetts.
- WellPoint Inc., Indianapolis, has hired Jamie Miller to be senior vice president and chief accounting officer.
Miller previously was financial services leader for the Chicago practice at PricewaterhouseCoopers L.L.P.
- Aetna Inc., Hartford, says Craig Callen, the company’s senior vice president for strategic planning and business development, will leave the company sometime after Sept. 30 to return to New York.
Callen began working for Aetna in April 2004.
Joseph Zubretsky, Aetna chief financial officer, will take over Callen’s responsibilities, Aetna says.
- Financial Research Corp., Boston, has hired Scott DeMonte to be director of variable annuities research.
De Monte previously was the owner and founder of AnnuityIQ.com, a unit of WealthNet Inc., Fayetteville, N.Y.
- Resolution Health Inc., Columbia, Md., has hired Paul Argay to be chief marketing officer.
Argay previously was vice president of strategic marketing at Aetna Inc., Hartford.