Using a selling system can help advisors streamline their processes, turning what can be a very confusing and complicated matter into a simple, organized process.
Some systems work incredibly well for one agent, but fail for another. Finding the right selling system, or combination of systems, is vitally important to the success of your practice. The choices you make go a long way toward determining the health of your business.
- A selling system can do plenty of things for the advisor who knows how to utilize it.
- It can help you ask the right questions, and tell you how to sequence questions that can lead the client to discover his own needs.
- It can teach you how to attract quality prospects to seminars, and how to make your seminars more effective.
- It can provide proven scripts appropriate for a variety of situations.
- It can provide you with coaching – you tell them about your prospects, it comes back with the right line of questions.
- It can teach you how to fact find effectively.
- It can provide ideas that can help you take a different approach to finally land appointments with those hard-to-reach prospects.
- It can offer detailed help in very specific areas, from appointment setting to seminars to writing press releases and direct mail.
- It can provide professionally designed and easily customizable marketing materials suitable for any type of media.
- It can provide access to industry-leading carriers and products.
- It can offer valuable incentives and reward opportunities.
- It should offer ongoing training, coaching and support.
A good selling system should include easy-to-use concepts that translate to greatly increased commissions that easily offset the costs of purchasing the system.
Most successful producers use a combination of several systems to keep their appointment books full. Although there is no shortage of available client-acquisition systems, many leave a lot to be desired. Choosing the wrong system can not only be frustrating, but expensive as well.