The Society of Actuaries has hired Gregory Heidrich to be executive director.
Heidrich previously was senior vice president for policy development and research at the Property Casualty Insurers Association of America, Des Plaines, Ill.
Heidrich has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Oklahoma and a master’s degree in economics from the University of Chicago, according to the SOA, Schaumburg, Ill.
In other personnel news:
- Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, New York, has hired Barbara Snyder to be senior vice president and chief actuary.
Snyder previously was chief life and large corporate markets actuary at Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company, Springfield, Mass.
Guardian also has promoted Frank Wander to senior vice president and chief information officer, from chief information officer of the group insurance division; Barry Belfer to senior vice president for corporate finance and treasurer, from vice president for corporate finance and treasurer; and John Flanagan to senior vice president and corporate controller, from vice president.
- AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company, New York, has promoted Andrew McMahon to chairman of AXA Advisors L.L.C., the company’s retail distributor and broker-dealer.
McMahon will succeed Robert Jones, who is retiring.
McMahon has been executive vice president of AXA Equitable and chief operating officer of retail distribution, and he continues to hold those posts. He has a bachelor’s degree from Fairfield University and a master’s degree in business from Columbia University.
AXA also says Kenneth Kozlowski will take over as manager for 11 asset-allocation and target-allocation portfolios. Kozlowski has been the chief financial officer and treasurer of the company’s funds management group.
- Scottish Re Group Ltd., Hamilton, Bermuda, has hired Dan Roth to be executive vice president and chief restructuring officer.
Roth previously was on the operations team of Cerberus Capital Management L.P., New York, one of the companies that recently teamed up to invest $600 million in efforts to help Scottish Re overcome financial challenges.
Roth has a bachelor’s degree in management information systems from the University of Dayton and is a graduate of the information management leadership program at General Electric Company, Fairfield, Conn.
- Nationwide Financial Services Inc., Columbus, Ohio, has promoted Eric Henderson to be leader of the company’s individual investments group, which includes fixed and variable annuities.
Henderson, who has been running the group on an interim basis since January, previously was vice president and chief financial officer of the business.
Henderson has a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree in mathematics from Ohio State University. He is a fellow of the Society of Actuaries.
- Meritain Health Inc., Amherst, N.Y., a company that administers self-funded health plans, has hired T.J. McDonald to be regional vice president of sales. McDonald will sell health and wellness programs to employers in Florida.
McDonald previously was a sales executive at Self Insured Plans L.L.C., Chicago.
McDonald has a bachelor’s degree in business from Providence College.
- The consulting arm of Aon Corp., Chicago, has hired Cecil Hemingway to be retirement practice leader.
Hemingway will succeed Chris Bone, who is retiring.
Hemingway previously was head of the legacy pensions solutions practice at Towers Perrin Inc., Stamford, Conn. He has a bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering from the University of Witwatersrand, South Africa, and a master’s degree in applied mathematics from New York University. He is a fellow of the Society of Actuaries.
Aon Consulting also has hired Dr. Rajeshree Parekh to be health and benefits practice leader for Aon Consulting Asia Pacific, and country leader for Aon Consulting India.
Parekh previously was head of the India employee benefits practice for Mercer, an arm of Marsh and McLennan Companies Inc., New York.
Parekh has a bachelor’s degree in medicine and surgery and a master’s degree in surgery from the University of Mumbai. She has worked as an eye surgeon.
- Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in Ohio, Cincinnati, a unit of WellPoint Inc., Indianapolis, has named three regional vice presidents.
Frank Bloomquist will be the regional vice president for northeast Ohio; Kevin Hinkle, for central Ohio; and Chris Schubart, for southern Ohio.
CORRECTION: The current titles of Andrew McMahon, the new chairman of AXA Advisors L.L.C., were described incorrectly in an earlier version of this article.