The Florida Office of Insurance Regulation has named Mary Beth Senkewicz to be deputy commissioner of life and health.
Senkewicz, who has been working as an independent health policy consultant, spent 12 years as a senior counsel for health policy in the Washington office of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners, Kansas City, Mo.
Senkewicz has a bachelor’s degree in English and philosophy from Cabrini College and a law degree from St. John’s University.
- Lincoln National Corp., Philadelphia, has promoted Randy Freitag to chief risk officer and treasurer.
Freitag, who is taking a new position, previously was head of product risk and profitability management for individual markets.
Jeff Coutts will be taking over for Freitag as head of product risk and profitability management for individual markets.
Coutts previously was head of product and marketing for defined contribution and executive benefit solutions for the employer markets business.
- New York Life Insurance Company, New York, has hired Christine Park to be vice president of corporate responsibility, and president of the New York Life Foundation.
Park previously was president of the Alcatel-Lucent Foundation, Murray Hill, N.J.
Park is a director of the national Council on Foundations, Washington, and a member of the board of the New York Regional Association of Grantmakers, New York. She is the immediate past chair of the contributions council at the Conference Board, New York.
Park has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Minnesota.
- Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company, Springfield, Mass., has hired Paul Steven Henry to be vice president for product development.
Henry previously worked for John Hancock, Boston, a unit of Manulife Financial Corp., Toronto.
Henry has a bachelor’s degree from Valparaiso University.
- OneAmerica Financial Partners Inc., Indianapolis, has hired Leonard Cavallaro to be vice president of employee benefits for its American United Life Insurance Company unit.
Cavallaro previously was senior vice president of sales and marketing at Benefit Partners, Omaha, Neb., a business that is now part of Lincoln National Corp., Philadelphia.
Cavallaro also has been vice president of sales operations at the group insurance operation of CIGNA Corp., Philadelphia.
- Hewitt Associates Inc., Lincolnshire, Ill., has promoted Monica Burmeister to global chief of consulting operations.
Burmeister previously was leader of Hewitt’s North American consulting business.
Richele Soja, who will take over for Burmeister, has been North American client accounts leader for Hewitt’s benefits outsourcing business.
- ULLICO Inc., Washington, has hired Richard Larimer to be vice president of sales and marketing for retirement services.
Larimer previously was a senior vice president in the institutional investment group at PNC Corp., Pittsburgh.
Larimer has a bachelor’s degree in economics and English from Pennsylvania State University and a master’s degree in business from the University of Pittsburgh.