Guardian Life Insurance Company of America has hired Maria Umbach to be chief marketing officer for its individual markets division.
Umbach previously was vice president of life insurance product marketing at Prudential Financial Inc., Newark, N.J.
Umbach holds the Chartered Life Underwriter and Fellow of the Life Marketing Institute professional designations.
Guardian also has hired Andrea Csaszar to be vice president of group operations and Larry Hazzard to be vice president of product and marketing at its Berkshire Life Insurance Company of America subsidiary.
Csaszar previously was vice president of operations and systems at Prudential, and Hazzard was vice president of U.S. insurance group product portfolio strategy and life marketing at Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company, Springfield, Mass.
In other personnel news:
- AIG Retirement Services Inc., Los Angeles, a unit of American International Group Inc., New York, has hired William Hayes to be chief compliance officer.
Hayes previously was chief legal officer and chief compliance officer for the wealth management group at Wells Fargo & Company, San Francisco.
Hayes has a bachelor’s degree in economics and political science from the State University of New York at Albany. He has a law degree from New York University School of Law.
AIG VALIC, Houston, another AIG unit, has hired Laurel Cochennet to be director of consulting relations.
Cochennet previously was a principal and senior retirement consultant at Mercer Human Resource Consulting Inc., an arm of Marsh & McLennan Companies Inc., New York.
Cochennet has a bachelor’s degree in mathematics and economics from the University of Nebraska. She holds the Fellow of the Society of Actuaries professional designation.
- One America Financial Inc., Indianapolis, has promoted Mark Wilkerson to senior vice president of individual operations for its insurance companies.
Wilkerson previously was executive vice president of State Life Insurance Company, a OneAmerica subsidiary.
- CareGain Inc., Coral Springs, Fla., has hired John Pegues to be chief marketing and sales officer.
Pegues previously was a manager at LifeMasters Supported SelfCare Inc., San Francisco, a disease management company.
Pegues has a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree in business from Tulane University.
- The fixed income investors group at New York Life Investment Management, a unit of New York Life Insurance Company, New York, has hired Thomas Girard to be managing director and senior portfolio manager at a new portfolio management and strategy group.
Girard previously was managing director and co-head of fixed income at Robeco Investment Management/Weiss Peck & Greer L.L.C., New York.
Girard has a bachelor’s degree in accounting from St. John Fisher College and a master’s degree in business from Fordham University.
- General Re-New England Asset Management Inc., Farmington, Conn., a unit of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., Omaha, Neb., that helps insurers invest their assets, has hired Jennifer Quisenberry to be an asset class specialist in the structured investment team.
Quisenberry previously was head of the structured research group at Conning Asset Management, Hartford.
Quisenberry holds the Chartered Financial Analyst professional designation.