The Internal Revenue Service has promoted Christopher Wagner to deputy commissioner of the tax exempt and government entities division.
Wagner, who will help to oversee the division’s employee plans unit, previously was the IRS deputy national taxpayer advocate.
In other personnel news:
- The Insurance Marketplace Standards Association, Washington, has hired L. Charles FitzGerald to be executive vice president of corporate relations.
FitzGerald is executive vice president of corporate relations at the American Council of Life Insurers, Washington.
- The New York State Insurance Department has promoted Susan Donnellan to deputy superintendent and general counsel.
Donnellan previously was the department’s deputy general counsel.
Before joining the department, Donnellan was associate general counsel at the Life New Insurance Council of New York, New York. She also has been counsel of Swiss Re Life Company America, New York.
Donnellan has a bachelor’s degree from the State University of New York at Stony Brook and a law degree from Fordham University School of Law.
- American International Group Inc., New York, has promoted Anthony Galioto to AIG Companies senior executive-East.
Galioto, who will be based in Atlanta, succeeds David Hupp, who is now president of AIG’s AIG Aviation Inc. unit.
Galioto will coordinate marketing in AIG’s Eastern zone for employee benefits products, such as group life insurance, as well as commercial products, according to AIG.
Galioto previously was president of AIG’s worldwide accident and health division.
Galioto has a bachelor’s degree from Seton Hall University.
- Magellan Health Services Inc., Avon, Conn., has hired Michael Majerik to be chief sales and marketing officer.
Majerik will be assuming some duties that have been handled by Eric Reimer, the company’s “chief growth officer.” Reimer now will focus on proposing health specialty mergers and acquisitions, according to Magellan.
Majerik previously was executive vice president of sales at CorSolutions Medical Inc., Rosemont, Ill., a disease management firm that was acquired by another company earlier this year.
Majerik has a bachelor’s degree in business finance from Indiana University.
- The employer markets division at Lincoln National Corp., Philadelphia, has hired Paul Swanson to be head of sales duties for the intermediary channel.
Swanson previously was senior vice president of sales and marketing at Wealth Management Systems Inc., Franklin Lakes, N.J.
- Mutual of Omaha Insurance Company, Omaha, Neb., has promoted Michelle Lebens to vice president of group insurance product marketing and strategy.
Lebens previously was first vice president for agency and brokerage sales portfolio management at Mutual of Omaha.
Lebens has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and a master’s degree from the University of Nebraska-Omaha.
- Prudential Financial Inc., Newark, N.J., has promoted 2 executives in its international insurance business.
Kazuo Maeda, who has been a senior vice president, will become co-president of Prudential International Insurance and country head for insurance operations in Japan, Prudential says.
Timothy Feige, who has been senior vice president of Prudential International Insurance, will become co-president of the division and head of life insurance operations outside Japan.
- The fund services division at BISYS Group Inc., Roseland, N.J., has hired Gary Downey Jr. to be registered investment advisor director.
Downey will run AdvisorAdvantage program wholesaling efforts.
Downey has a bachelor’s degree from Bowling Green State University.
- BWell International Inc., New York, a benefits communication firm, has hired Mary Hobson to be chief marketing officer.
Hobson previously was senior vice president of communications at Finity Communications, Portland, Ore.
Hobson has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Oregon.
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan L.L.P., a law firm, has hired Clifford Kirsch to be a partner in its New York office.
Kirsch previously was chief legal officer of the Pruco Securities unit at Prudential Financial Inc., Newark, N.J. He also has been assistant director of the investment management division at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
Kirsch is chairman of an advisory committee at the National Association of Securities Dealers, Washington.