Close Close
Popular Financial Topics Discover relevant content from across the suite of ALM legal publications From the Industry More content from ThinkAdvisor and select sponsors Investment Advisor Issue Gallery Read digital editions of Investment Advisor Magazine Tax Facts Get clear, current, and reliable answers to pressing tax questions
Luminaries Awards

Portfolio > Investment VIPs

First Republic Acquires Investment Firm

Your article was successfully shared with the contacts you provided.

NU Online News Service, May 21, 12:53 p.m. – First Republic Bank, San Francisco, today completed its acquisition of Froley, Revy Investment Company, Inc., Los Angeles, an investment firm specializing in convertible securities.

Froley, Revy manages $2.2 billion in assets for public and corporate pension funds, insurance companies, endowments and foundations as well as affluent individuals through separate accounts and broker-dealer managed account programs.

First Republic bought 18% of Froley, Revy about two years ago, then in February exercised an option to buy the remaining 82% for about $18.5 million in cash and stock, with additional payments to be made over the next five years.

First Republic also owns Trainer Wortham & Company, New York, and Starbuck, Tisdale & Associates, Santa Barbara, Calif., two investment advisory firms.


© 2024 ALM Global, LLC, All Rights Reserved. Request academic re-use from All other uses, submit a request to [email protected]. For more information visit Asset & Logo Licensing.