- “We’re so fixed on selling life insurance that we negate the fact that there are much more pressing things. Long term care is probably the most pressing thing out there at the moment.”
- “LTC insurance, positioned correctly, could save the insurance industry in a big way.”
- “The financial services industry has a moral responsibility to start educating people through the media.”
- “It took 15 years, but now everyone knows who Mothers Against Drunk Drivers are. It took a long time. That’s what we need to do, raise the level of awareness.”
- “People still think LTC Insurance is for nursing homes. They don’t realize the home health care component, the assisted living component, and I think if the insurance broker doesn’t start with that, you have much less of a chance of making a sale, particularly to the men. There is no man in the world going into a nursing home!”
Source: Producer Focus Groups conducted for LIMRA International, Windsor, Conn.
Reproduced from National Underwriter Life & Health/Financial Services Edition, January 21, 2002. Copyright 2002 by The National Underwriter Company in the serial publication. All rights reserved.Copyright in this article as an independent work may be held by the author.