NU Online News Service, Jan. 7, 2:23 p.m. – The U.S. unit of Sun Life Financial Services of Canada Inc., Toronto, has announced key executive changes at Independent Financial Marketing Group and what was previously known as Keyport Life Insurance Company.
Sun Life Financial acquired Keyport, an annuity manufacturer, and IFMG, an annuity and mutual fund wholesaler, from Liberty Financial Companies Inc., Boston, Nov. 1, 2001.
Robert Spadafora, president of IFMG, will continue to serve as president of the unit, which will continue to operate as an independent organization, Sun Life Financial says.
The company also announced roles for five executives in the Sun Life Financial Retirement Products & Services division.
- Phillip Polkinghorn, formerly the president of Keyport, will be a vice president and head of annuity manufacturing at Sun Life Financial retirement services.
- Ron Fernandes, a vice president at Sun Life Financial, will be a vice president and head of wholesale distribution at the retirement services unit.
- Davey Scoon, chief financial officer at Sun Life Financial, will be chief administrative and financial officer at the U.S. unit.
- Peter Demuth, chief counsel at Sun Life Financial, will be chief strategy and business development officer at the U.S. unit. Demuth will be in charge of mergers and acquisitions.
- Paul LeFevre, formerly chief operating officer at Keyport, will leave the company and become a “strategic consultant.”