NU Online News Service, Nov. 12, 10:26 a.m. – LIMRA International, Windsor, Conn., says its board has elected William Tindall to serve as chairman starting in 2002.
Tindall, senior vice president of retirement services at American United Life Insurance Company, Indianapolis, has served on the LIMRA board since 1999.
He will succeed Ken McClure.
Tindall has been working in the insurance and pension services industries since the 1960s. He is a past director and president of the Boston Charted Life Underwriter/Chartered Financial Consultant chapter and past director of the Northeastern Insurance Institute.
The LIMRA also elected 10 other new board members.
The new members are:
- Jan Jobe, president of Pan-American Life Insurance Company, New Orleans.
- Gary enderink, executive vice president, group pensions and corporate administration at Guardian Life Insurance Company, New York.
- James Morris, chairman of the Signator Financial Network, Boston.
- Patrick Peugeot, president-directeur generale of La Mondiale, Paris.
- C. James Prieur, president of Sun Life Financial Services Company of Canada Inc., Toronto.
- Don Royster Sr., president of United Insurance Company of America, Chicago.
- Jerry Stillwell, chief marketing officer of Lafayette Life Insurance Company, Lafayette, Ind.
- Charles Wright, chief agency and marketing officer, State Farm Insurance, Bloomington, Ill.
- Peter Ma, chairman of Ping An Insurance Company of China, Shenzhen City, China.
- Robert Powell, senior vice president for individual marketing at Jefferson-Pilot Financial Life, Greensboro, N.C.