Our trending stories from March 16 to March 20, 2015 include the top ten best states for retirees looking to pay less taxes, what not to do if you want to close more sales, changes to the Roth IRA as we approach tax season and another hacking scandal, this time at Premera Blue Cross.
1. These are the 10 most tax-friendly states for retirees: If your clients are looking to maximize the value of accumulated retirement savings, these are the states they’ll want to consider.
2. 22 reasons why salespeople don’t close more sales: Selling is hard enough without being weighed down by attitudes and behaviors that bother clients.
3. 5 TED talks to help you shake off rejection: If you’re struggling to find prospects, set appointments or close sales, you need these stories of when perseverance really paid off.
4. 5 states where PPACA exchange silver plan costs soared: The average cost of each market’s cheapest silver plan rose just 2.9 percent.
6. 5 ideas from a top LTCI distributor’s playbook: Debra Newman says the producers have to offer consumers products they can afford.
7. Will you top the HIPAA audit candidate list? An HHS screening form has come through the paperwork review pipeline, and it could be terrifying.
8. 9 steps to public speaking success, part 1: Do you panic at the thought of speaking in public? You’re not alone. Banish your fear with these tips.
9. Can investors rely on return on investment as a means of generating income? Based on the realities of the 21st century, there are several errors with the 4 percent Rule.
10. Hacked: Premera Blue Cross says data on 11 million exposed: Hackers may have accessed information including names, Social Security numbers, bank accounts and medical information, Premera said.
Stay up-to-date with news, analysis and more by signing up for our eNewsletters here!