Our trending stories last week debunked Dave Ramsey’s rules, identified mistakes clients make when picking life insurance beneficiaries and posed questions you should be asking about fixed annuities.
1. These are the 7 steps Dave Ramsey followers really need: Ramsey’s tenets sound pretty good … until you actually look at his math.
2. 10 ways to screw up when picking life insurance beneficiaries: Mistakes are common — and they can be heartbreaking and expensive.
3. 11 life insurance logos we like: Major carriers and small regional agencies alike made our list of impressive life insurance brands.
4. 5 fixed annuity questions you should be asking: These are the questions that will deliver more sales.
5. 5 worst states for assisted living care bills: In four, LTCG found ALF rates went up faster than nursing home care costs.
6. The 10 biggest 401(k)s: Plans sponsored by aerospace and oil companies make the ranking, as do those in the financial sector.
7. What you need to know about how Social Security is taxed: True or false? The government applies a means test that focuses the highest tax rates in the entire system on middle class income.
8. PPACA nap period: Can you get special? After the open enrollment period comes the extension period. Then everything may get quiet.
9. Perfect words attract perfect clients: A sales pitch is nothing but words, so choose them carefully. You need the right words to land the right clients.
10. Insurers and PPACA exchanges do enrollment time warp again: HHS is not the only exchange runner that’s jiggling the calendar.
Stay up-to-date with news, analysis and more by signing up for our eNewsletters here!