What are the technology priorities for carriers these days? Better facilitation of client self-service; standardized agency workflow and enhanced staff productivity.
That’s what Applied Systems discovered when it asked 100 insurance professionals about their technology wish lists. The survey segmented questions into three categories: tech investment, growth and productivity and business intelligence. What follows are the priorities as reported by the survey respondents.
Technology investment trends
Asked to pinpoint what’s driving investments in technology, more than half said organic growth (55 percent) and changing customer demand (54 percent). Competition was the third driver, at 48 percent.
What Your Peers Are Reading
Specific areas of investment included:
- 60 percent of respondents ranked agency or brokerage management system updates as No. 1 priority;
- 47 percent of respondents said online client self-service was their top technology investment area;
- 37 percent of respondents cited mobile technology as a top investment priority.
Growth and productivity gains
When considering the value of technologies that drive growth and productivity:
- 64 percent of respondents pointed to standardized agency and brokerage management workflows;
- 44 percent chose client self-service offerings;
- 33 percent chose cloud technology;
- 32 percent selected mobile technology;
- 27 percent said business intelligence applications.