This is the greatest time ever to be in our business, but most insurance and financial professionals have not realized it yet. Many have not achieved the success they desire. Please remember, the biggest sale you will ever make in your career is to yourself. You have to believe in something before you can see it, and you have to see it before you can do it. Without total belief in what you do, it is difficult to inspire people to take action.
Here are 10 reasons why this is the greatest time ever:
- Big opportunity: The opportunity for our clients is greater than ever. Clients do not buy because of bad news. They deny or ignore bad news. Bad news should only be used to get their attention. But our clients will race toward opportunity. Ask, “If I could show you how to never lose money again and put you in position to take advantage of financial opportunities, would you want to develop a strategy to accomplish that?” They do!
- Broken promises: Governments will not be able to keep their retirement and health-care promises. The federal government, states, counties, cities, and even towns are already defaulting on promises to retirees. What happens when the rest of the baby boomers retire? Our opportunity lies in our ability to show that we can replace those lost benefits. Everyone, even the rich, will need guidance.
- Lost benefits: Corporations and unions will face the same challenges as governments, and they will cut benefits for workers. Help people replace these lost benefits!
- Higher taxes: We are the only people who can provide strategies that allow our clients to pay their taxes now and build a retirement nest egg that can be accessed without taxes in the future.
- Life insurance: Cash-value life insurance is essential to a quality financial plan. And with the probability of increasing interest rates, our initial illustrations will be the worst ones we ever show them.
- Leverage: We can use leverage to provide, with the same dollar, critical illness and long-term care benefits using life insurance and annuities.
- Guaranteed lifetime income: We have the tools to provide income that baby boomers cannot outlive.
- Trained professionals: We have the best trained professionals ever. We have strategies available to solve any challenges our clients face. You are so valuable!
- Compliance: Yes compliance! The more oversight we have, the safer our prospects and clients will feel when they deal with us.
- Huge wealth transfer: The greatest savings generation, our parents, is about to transfer its wealth to the worst savers, baby boomers. Our competition is not each other — we can’t even get to everyone we need to help. Our competition is government, hospitals and nursing homes. Show Americans how to keep their money in the family.
For more from Van Mueller, see: