Start building your business better today with these lessons, excerpted from “Ruthless Focus: How to Use Key Core Strategies to Grow Your Business” by Wally Bock and Tom Hall.
1. You need a core strategy. It should follow four key factors:
- It should be simple and understandable.
- It should fit your organization.
- It should work in the competitive environment.
- It should be profitable.
2. Ruthlessly focus on the core strategy. Don’t divide your attention among several strategies. Ruthless focus makes you devote resources to the most important activities and makes you concentrate your brain power on improving.
3. Never stop finding ways to do tasks better. Instead of trying to think of the next great strategy, spend your energy and creativity on making the business better. The idea is that a core strategy will help you put your energy and resources into continually improving your business.