- 55% – of people aged 65+ say they do or plan to rely on Social Security “in a substantial way.”
- 41% – People aged 50+ are more likely to say they rely or plan to rely most on payments from Social Security for their retirement income with only 13% for people under 50.
- 65% – of 50+ people say Social Security will be more important to them when they retire than they thought it would be when they were in their 20s or 30s.
- 34% – of the 50+ crowd think Social Security is or will be “much” more important than they did when they were younger.
- 81% – of people oppose cutting Social Security as a way to help reduce the deficit. 71% “strongly” oppose it.