- 55% – of people aged 65+ say they do or plan to rely on Social Security “in a substantial way.”
- 41% – People aged 50+ are more likely to say they rely or plan to rely most on payments from Social Security for their retirement income with only 13% for people under 50.
- 65% – of 50+ people say Social Security will be more important to them when they retire than they thought it would be when they were in their 20s or 30s.
- 34% – of the 50+ crowd think Social Security is or will be “much” more important than they did when they were younger.
- 81% – of people oppose cutting Social Security as a way to help reduce the deficit. 71% “strongly” oppose it.
In addition, a report says, consultancy NEPC has advised investors to end their relationship with Fisher Investments.
Of course, not really. But they could...
Here are 6 lessons the author learned from one of the most successful insurance agents in history.
Sponsored by Voya Financial Advisors
How to provide clients with a balanced approach as you help them manage their finances.
Sponsored by T. Rowe Price Investment Services, Inc.
Get insights on how changes to the high yield bond market can create new opportunities for you and your clients.
Don’t miss crucial news and insights you need to make informed investment advisory decisions. Join ThinkAdvisor.com now!
- Free unlimited access to ThinkAdvisor.com which provides advisors, like you, with comprehensive coverage of the products, services and trends necessary to guide your clients in making critical wealth, health and life decisions.
- Exclusive discounts on ALM and ThinkAdvisor events.
- Access to other award-winning ALM websites including TreasuryandRisk.com and Law.com.
Copyright © 2019 ALM Media Properties, LLC. All Rights Reserved.