- Call professionals you would like to have a referral arrangement with and ask to set up a short appointment.
- When you receive a referral from a client, ask the client to introduce you to the person.
- The story a client tells about an advisor is the make-or-break facet of an introduction. Coach the client to make sure the story he tells is compelling.
- Recap how you have helped a client’s situation since he started working with you to prime them to tell a good story.
- To get quality referrals, define for your client exactly what a quality referral is for you.
- Ask a direct, referral-seeking question to your client instead of making a half-hearted request or suggestion.
- Prepare your client during the sales process to give referrals by informing him up front that you are a referral-based advisor and expect referrals as long as you do a good job.
- Educate your client on why it is in his best interest to provide referrals.
- A lack of training in generating quality referrals is the main reason most advisors fail to obtain quality referrals.
- Believe you deserve referrals by coming up with reasons why.
Legacy planning can help advisors make connections to the next generation of wealth so that advisors maintain assets when clients pass.
Nuveen is among the biggest investors in high-yield muni bonds; closed-end fund prospectus registered Thursday with the SEC.
The Sunshine State nets $17.2 billion from inbound moves vs. outbound.
Sponsored by FTJ | FundChoice
A full-service solution that helps you improve your process and client relationships sounds great, but you must be able to determine what will best help your firm grow.
Sponsored by Smarsh
New communication tools can open up your firm to risk and prohibition is not prevention. Learn five key practices you should implement now.
Don’t miss crucial news and insights you need to make informed investment advisory decisions. Join ThinkAdvisor.com now!
- Free unlimited access to ThinkAdvisor.com which provides advisors, like you, with comprehensive coverage of the products, services and trends necessary to guide your clients in making critical wealth, health and life decisions.
- Exclusive discounts on ALM and ThinkAdvisor events.
- Access to other award-winning ALM websites including TreasuryandRisk.com and Law.com.
Copyright © 2019 ALM Media Properties, LLC. All Rights Reserved.