Are you a recent college graduate looking to start an investment portfolio and want to learn more but don’t know where to start? Have you been saving for a few years and built up a good cushion and now want to start investing? Are you nearing retirement age and want to make sure you have everything in place for your golden years?
Today, the nonprofit Alliance for Investor Education (AIE) outlined 10 of the best Web-based resources for consumers looking to “step up their game” when it comes to investing. The Alliance’s new “Investing 101: Getting Started” is available at http://www.investoreducation.org/investing101. AIE is the organization of the United States’ leading financial-related foundations, nonprofit organizations, associations and governmental agencies.
Alliance for Investor Education President Sue Duncan, who also serves as vice president of the ICI Education Foundation (ICIEF) at the Investment Company Institute, said: “The start of a new year is a great time for people to get serious about investing. The Alliance for Investor Education wants to make sure all Americans educate themselves about the various types of investment vehicles and evaluate their risk tolerance before deciding how and where to invest. Investors who have dabbled in the market and want to learn more can also use the resources we’re highlighting to expand on their knowledge. Education and due diligence are the best way for investors to ensure their investments will work for them.”
The new “Investing 101: Getting Started” section of the AIE Web site features the following 10 top resources for consumers:
1. Smart Investing, from the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority/FINRA Foundation.
2. Where Do I Begin?, from the CFA Institute.
3. Take the First Step: Invest Money to Reach Your Goals, from the National Endowment for Financial Education.
4. Investing Basics, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
5. Introduction to Capital Markets, from the Options Industry Council.
6. How Do I Get Started in Investing?, from the American Association of Individual Investors.