Values are the DNA of fulfillment. When one lives their values, the fulfillment of their values generates positive feelings and positive beliefs. Values and the positive feelings and positive beliefs that they inspire are also the DNA of one’s vision.
To create your vision for 2011, imagine looking back from Dec. 31, 2011 and ask yourself:
- What did you accomplish?
- What goals did you set and achieve?
- What made you happy?
Break your questions into the following categories: Vision/planning, administration, computer/systems, customer service, financial, marketing, office, products/product knowledge, sales, team and training.
Now that you have created your vision, define your 90-day goals. Why 90-day goals?
- 90-day goals makes your vision more attainable by making it short-term
- Enables you to get associated to the rewards in the short term
- Defines a few steps that it will take to create it versus getting overwhelmed with the perfect plan
- You take action now!
To create the space to define your vision and 90-day goals, schedule one to two days away from your home and office in some place that is nurturing and where you can be anonymous.
Sign up for The Lead and get a new tip in your inbox every day!
- Find your way around objections with ‘feel, felt, found’
- 7 ‘a-ha!’ moments in sales that can help advisors
- Advisor success tip: Speed kills
Simon Reilly of Leading Advisor Inc. is a financial advisor coach, speaker and writer with more than 20 years of experience working with advisors to clear their roadblocks to meet and exceed their goals. Simon writes a daily blog and can be reached at www.leadingadvisor.com/blog.