I often see salespeople who when they have a bad month, they start getting bummed out. They get depressed and beat themselves up. Then they think about quitting. Instead, they need to do what any good doctor does: diagnose the problem and fix it. Here is a 20-question checklist to help you self-diagnose.
1. Was I on time for the appointment?
2. Did I establish a need or desire for my product or service?
3. How was my opening statement received?
4. Did I ask good questions?
5. Did I receive the answers I wanted?
6. How did I appear to the prospect?
7. Did I control the interview?
8. Did I speak and act as an equal, or did I assume a superior or subservient attitude?
9. Did I wait and listen to the prospect’s reaction, or did I anticipate his answer and tell him?
10. Did I rush through the presentation?
11. Was I totally prepared for the presentation?