- 47%: Percent of senior executives surveyed who said baby boomer retirements will have the greatest impact on the workforce over the next decade.*
- $2.73 trillion: Estimated amount states will spend on pensions, health care and retirement benefits over the next 30 years.
- 13: Number of states that have set up irrevocable trusts to pay for retirement benefits.
- 70%: Percent of state and local pension investments that are in equities.
- 71 million: Expected number of Americans over age 65 in 2030.
- 90%: Percent of public sector employees with a defined benefit plan, compared with 20 percent of private sector employees.
- $17,640: Median amount of retirement plan for public sector employees in 2005. The median amount for private sector employees was $7,692.
Source: Pew Center on the States
*Source: Robert Half International