A winning biography gives clients and prospects information about you that helps them determine if you are a good match for their needs. The following questions can help you construct a comprehensive bio:
1. Your professional details
- Financial title.
- Number of years in the industry.
- Other roles in the industry: Describe and give the number of years in each role.
- Other relevant experience: Describe and indicate how this relates to the work you do today and how it can enhance your ability to help clients.
- Why should clients choose you as their financial advisor?
- What do you most enjoy about helping clients?
- How do you keep in touch with clients and provide them with the information they need?
2. Your qualifications
3. Your strengths, beliefs and community involvement
- What are your strengths?
- What are your beliefs about the profession?
- Do you work with any special markets?
- How do you help these markets?
- Describe your community involvement and explain why it is important to you.
4. Your personal details
- Marital and family status (if you wish)
- Hobbies and interest, which can be really effective if you target a special market group)
Note: It is acceptable to start your bio with first person references and midway change to the third person. Try to incorporate your own personal style and make your copy engaging.