Although radio is a great medium to generate tons of credibility, create new opportunities for referrals, and reach a brand new multitude of prospects, many advisor hosts aren’t utilizing some of the most powerful ways to leverage their radio shows. Here are a few tips from advisors I work with who are utilizing radio to drive more business through the doors.
1. Have a co-host: This helps position you as the expert and not a self-promoting salesman. Compare the two intros:
- Flying solo – “Last week was a rough week in the markets. Luckily, I’ve protected all of my clients from a market downturn by utilizing annuities…” Or:
- With a co-host: “This week we have a great show for you! We fielded a lot of calls last week from a number of our listeners that were concerned about all that’s going on in the market. Mr. Advisor, I know you are sitting down with your clients on a daily basis to talk about their concerns and the different tools to help protect them from a market downturn. Since this seems to be a hot topic, can you share with us some of these planning strategies?”
2. Have a hook or offer: The key to generating new traffic is to make sure you are consistently offering something of value on your show that listeners can request. Whether it’s a free proposal, recent study or maybe a free book giveaway, it’s imperative that you are asking your listeners to respond for something on a consistent basis to generate leads and calls.
3. Make it easy to respond: Give listeners multiple avenues to easily contact you and mention them throughout the show. Many advisors create phone numbers or websites that are simple to remember. Example: “Call me at 555-4ADVICE or visit my website at www.4advice.com.”