According to Don Schreiber, Jr. credibility marketing is well suited for financial professionals looking to increase their brand awareness and capture more of the market. An effective public relations campaign needs to be continuously implemented, but if you’re looking to take on the duties yourself, there are six steps to keep in mind:
- Identify your target market. Understand who your clients are and what they want.
- Know your product. Keep up with advances in the products you offer, and make sure they are directed to the right market.
- Become a problem solver. When you become an expert in a market niche, your services increase in value.
- Define your message. Make sure your message differentiates you from your competitors.
- Position your company. Positioning is the art of controlling perception, according to Schreiber. Position your company as a problem solver to increase your market share.
- Communicate your message. Discover the best way to communicate your company’s message. The greater your visibility, the greater your share of the market.
Source: “Building a World-Class Financial Services Business,” Don Schreiber, Jr.