There are certain products that lend themselves better to sell over the phone. Since you have experience in the Medicare market, a natural extension would be final expense and guaranteed issue products.
I recommend contracting with all the top carriers so that you are able to offer clients a full spectrum of options, as any good independent agent should. Some of the top companies I recommend are:
- Great Western Life Insurance Company — for both graded benefit and guaranteed issue.
- Gerber Life Insurance Company — great guaranteed issue product.
- Mutual of Omaha — great options for both whole life and graded benefit policies.
- Assurity Life Insurance Company — strong final expense product.
- Royal Neighbors of American — strong final expense products.
There are many more final expense companies, and I recommend you look at http://fexquotes.com/ to be able to quote all of them.
The final expense market is a specialized market that is always looking for good agents to work from home. There are also many options to purchase final expense leads for anywhere from $10 to $30 each.