If you haven’t mastered the art of getting things done, it’s no wonder you aren’t more successful. Being productive is one of the biggest struggles we face. It’s all too easy to let the most important things go undone. Days turn into months and months into decades. If you’re not careful, you can live your entire life and never do more than just survive. So what can you do?
Here are a few tools to help you take control of your busy schedule:
1. Action Method (www.actionmethod.com). A series of web, mobile and pen-and-paper tools provide focus on what you need to do. It’s easy to use and beautiful. Great for designers.
2. Asana (www.asana.com). The best free team-based project-management platform on the web right now. Mobile apps and synchronization to your calendar are a few of the many powerful features available.
3. Astrid (www.astrid.com). Best task tracking app ever for Android. Newly added iPhone and web platforms make it easy to use anywhere. Looks great.
4. Coolendar (www.coolendar.com). The most unique calendar and to-do tracking app in the list. Use everyday language and hash tags to make use of this powerful reminder tool.
5. Do (www.do.com). This is Salesforce’s completely free, team-based project-management platform. Easy to use with basic features. A great way to take notes and create tasks for what you need to do.
6. Do It Tomorrow (www.tomorrow.do). A quick way to keep track of what you want to do tomorrow. It’s one of the easiest tools on the list. There are only two options: Do it now or do it tomorrow. Looks cool, too.
7. Do it (www.doit.im). Centered on the Getting Things Done methodology, there are a zillion mobile tools to use. A key feature is your ability to search by voice and add locations for where tasks need to be done.
8. Evernote (www.evernote.com). Folders, tags, location tracking and almost endless storage make it easy to keep track of every part of life. Take notes, create tasks, upload documents—incredibly easy.
9. Flow (www.getflow.com). The best of the project-management platforms, especially for recurring events. Their newly added concierge service provides you with your own virtual assistant for free. Very cool.
Try a few of these and see which ones help you get things done.
Sign up for The Lead and get a new tip in your inbox every day! More tips: