Do you have a great product but aren’t attracting the right customers to buy it? Not sure how to approach your customers or have a confusing sales message? Use the following sales tips to gain more of the right customers:
1. Pick the right price. Do market research on your competitors to determine the right price. If you have a high-priced product, be prepared to over-deliver quality to your customers. Price can be determined by the “perceived value” of your product. If you can make your product seem superior to your competitors, you can charge a higher price.
2. Learn proper negotiation techniques. Skilled negotiators are usually quite concerned about finding a solution or arrangement which is satisfactory to all parties. They look for what are called “win-win” situations, in which all parties are happy with the results. The best negotiators have these three qualities:
They ask good questions to find out exactly what you need.
They’re very well prepared.
3. Deliver effective presentations. In selling, it’s important to deliver creative and compelling sales presentations to your customers. One of the many ways to do this is to create an engaging presentation using PowerPoint.
4. Focus on keeping your customer for life. “Once a customer, always a customer.” A customer purchasing your product should not be the end of your relationship. Focus on keeping a strong relationship with your customer. This will create more trust and add value to your product.
5. Offer potential customers something really great for free. Your ideal customers are far more likely to buy your product if you give them a preview to try out. Give them a piece of really great content free of charge. Or make a video to get customers excited for what’s next.