The better you market to your customers, the greater will be your success in business and sales. Use these techniques to get ahead of your competitors.
1. Create utility and usefulness with your product. The first marketing technique you can use to beat your competition is to create utility and usefulness and satisfy your customers’ desire to achieve a specific result. This requires that you offer them something they can use to accomplish their goals.
Look at your market today. What will your customers and prospects want, need and be willing to pay for in the months and years ahead? What are the trends in customer demands? If you can answer this accurately, you can often leapfrog over your competition and dominate a new market even before it has emerged.
2. Change your pricing. A second approach to sales and marketing is to change your pricing. By bringing your goods and services into your customers’ price range, you can open up entirely new markets that do not already exist. How could you price your products or services so that more customers could afford to buy them?
You can’t get rid of the competition, but you can make sure you stay ahead of the game (and possibly the competition). By following these tips and listening to your customers’ needs, you can come out on top.
Sign up for The Lead and get a new tip in your inbox every day! More tips:
- 3 ways successful salespeople trounce the competition
- Is it ever wise to hand your competitor a sale?
- Ever been manipulated by a competitor?
Brian Tracy is the CEO of Brian Tracy International, which specializes in business training, and the author of the best-selling Psychology of Achievement. For more information, go to www.briantracy.com.