The Insured Retirement Institute (IRI) unveiled its new members-only website, myIRIonline.org.
The new website offers improved navigation and search functionality, access to all of IRI’s print and electronic publications, and new content areas including public policy centers catered to meet the needs of financial advisors and broker-dealer/distributor members.
Among other updates, the new myIRIonline.org offers:
- A new advocacy headquarters offering comprehensive analysis of the public policy issues affecting the insured retirement industry and new legislative and regulatory trackers to stay current on applicable laws in each area of jurisdiction;
- A grassroots government affairs action center providing a forum for financial professionals to engage with their elected officials;
- A new education destination complete with webinars, podcasts, and IRI’s collection of FINRA-reviewed client materials;
- A revamped research hub offering the latest economic commentary and data from across the insured retirement industry as well as IRI’s exclusive studies and research publications;
- New areas dedicated to providing the latest IRI news, conference information, and updates from the operations and technology sector.
In other industry news:
Assurance promoted Liz Smith (nee Renius) from executive vice president to president, employee benefits.
Smith is responsible for the overall vision and strategy of the benefits department including the areas of health care reform, consumer-driven health plans, compliance and wellness. She also serves a role in advising the company’s benefits consultants and creating and maintaining strategic relationships with carriers and other vendor partners.
Smith belongs to the Council of Insurance Agents & Brokers, the Blue Cross Blue Shield Producer Advisory Council and the Humana Advisory Council.
Prior to joining Assurance, Smith served as senior vice president, practice leader of employee benefits for a national insurance brokerage. Before becoming a practice leader, she held various roles in employee benefits including that of producer, account executive and account manager.
A 1999 graduate of Northwestern University, Evanston, she has a bachelor’s degree in Communications.
Premera adopted Benefitfocus cloud-based technology for an end-to-end solution that allows customers to shop and compare benefits in an online marketplace setting. Premera will also leverage Benefitfocus claims analysis tools to help consumers explore plan options while providing more visibility into out-of-pocket costs.
The Platform will assist Premera in meeting 2014 healthcare reform requirements and position the organization to successfully handle expected shifts in the group market, support defined contribution models and remain competitive across multiple brands and states.
Shoppers will be presented with the most relevant plans based on consumer purchasing patterns and tools to estimate costs based on expected plan usage. The Platform’s integrated decision support tools, questionnaires and educational videos will provide a unique shopping and enrollment experience for employers and consumers with an increased focus on self-service.