National Underwriter Life & Health, a Summit Business Media publication, has announced the winners of its first annual Industry Elite Awards.
National Underwriter Life & Health created the awards to recognize industry leaders.
The nominations were judged by the National Underwriter Life & Health editorial advisory committee and featured in National Underwriter Life & Health, both in print and online, July 11.
“The life/health world is in a period of incredible transition and challenge, but it is in such times that those with special skill, dedication and foresight rise to the top and guide their trade to ever-greater prosperity,” Bill Coffin, editor-in-chief at National Underwriter Life & Health, says in a statement about the awards.
The 2011 Industry Elite award winners are:
- Industry Elite Award for Market Innovation: Butch Britton, Insurance CEO, ING.
- Industry Elite Award for Regulatory Advocacy: Nick Gerhart, VP Compliance and Regulatory Affairs, Sammons Financial Group.
- Industry Elite Award for Industry Awareness: The Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation.
- The Industry Elite Award for Community Outreach: William “Mack” Hull, Capital Architects L.L.C.
- Industry Elite Award for Best Rising Star: Frank Morizio Jr., MetLife.
“National Underwriter salutes each of our winners, truly the best of the best, and we look forward to selecting next year’s winners in our ongoing effort to shine a light on the industry’s leading figures and their many notable accomplishments,” says Tashawna Rodwell, publisher of National Underwriter Life & Health.
National Underwriter Life & Health is part of the Life and Health Insurance Network at Summit Business Media, Erlanger, Ky.