Rich Horowitz, an ACSIA/LTC Global agent and a Webinar selling expert, agreed to discuss his method. He prefers the Internet approach because it increases his coverage area, requires less travel time and expenses and enables him to work more efficiently. And, the biggest advantage:
It enables him to convert more prospects to appointments, including those who don’t want an agent in their home. His placement rate is 89 percent.
He cautioned that selling LTCI via Webinar requires a different skill set than a face-to-face presentation. Getting started using this method is not easy; computer proficiency is a necessity. Rich’s guidelines in this area are:
- Are you reasonably comfortable using a computer?
- Are you comfortable attaching, modifying and creating documents?
- Do you have and are you proficient in Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint and Microsoft Word?
- Are you able to copy and paste?
- Are your files/folders organized on your computer?
During the one-hour meeting, the prospect will be viewing the following:
- PowerPoint presentation
- Cost of care specific to their area
- Underwriting process
- Third-party objective data
- Carrier ratings
- Live quoting
He also provided the following suggestions:
- Use a two-call close.
- Use a caring, conversational tone with professional language.
- Add your picture to the presentation.
- When designing a plan, put the prospects’ names on the screen so they become part of the process and can see rates changing as different benefit options are discussed.
- For leads coming over the Internet, you must respond quickly–you need to get to them within an hour. The person who gets there the fastest wins.
- The app can be completed electronically, e-mailed or sent via conventional mail for the client to fill out and sign. Rich finds that once consumers feel comfortable, they are committed to this process.