Western & Southern Financial Group has promoted Michael Wytiaz to senior vice president, broker-dealer distribution channel, at the W&S Financial Group Distributors Inc. unit.
Wytiaz previously was the vice president in charge of wholesaler development at W&S, according to Western & Southern, Cincinnati.
Wytiaz has a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Robert Morris University. He holds the Certified Financial Planner professional designation.
In other personnel news:
- Pacific Life Insurance Company, a unit of PacificLifeCorp, Newport Beach, Calif., has promoted Mary Ann Brown to executive vice president, corporate development, from senior vice president, corporate development.
Brown has a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree from Emory University and a master’s degree in actuarial science from Georgia State University. She is a fellow of the Society of Actuaries.
Pacific Life also has promoted Tom Gibbons, Denis Kalscheur, Philip Teeter and Dawn Trautman to senior vice president, from vice president.
- Principal Financial Group Inc., Des Moines, Iowa (NYSE:PFG), has promoted Norman Sorensen to president – international asset management and accumulation.
Sorensen, who has been president of the Principal International Inc. unit, will continue to hold that title. “The promotion reflects the strategic importance and business growth potential that the global market represents to the future of the Principal,” Principal Chairman Larry Zimpleman says in a statement.
Sorensen has a bachelor’s degree in chemistry from the U.S. Air Force Academy. He is vice chairman of the International Insurance Society, New York; chairman of the Global & Trade Committee of the Financial Services Roundtable, Washington; and a member of the board of Sara Lee Corp., Downers Grove, Ill.
- Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America, Golden Valley, Minn., a unit of Allianz S.E., Munich, Germany, has hired Kara Barrow to be senior counsel.
Barrow previously was a partner at Faegre & Benson L.L.P., Minneapolis.
Barrow has a bachelor’s degree in history from Dartmouth College and a law degree from the University of Virginia. She clerked for the 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Spring Consulting Group L.L.C., Boston, has hired George Gonser Jr. to be chief executive officer of Spring Insurance Group.
George previously was chief executive officer of MDS Insurance Services Inc., Westborough, Mass., an insurance brokerage agency. Spring has acquired MDS.
Gonser has a bachelor’s degree from Boston College and a master’s degree in business from Babson College.
- The New York Business Group on Heath, New York, has named Shawn Nowicki director of healthy policy. Nowicki has a bachelor’s degree from Canisius College of Buffalo, N.Y., and a master’s degree in public health from Columbia University.