- $7,600 — Average premium for Medicare (including Part D) if people under age 65 were able to buy into the program.
- 300,000 — Estimated number of people who would participate in a Medicare buy-in scheme.
- 9 — Percentage of previously uninsured people who would be covered under a Medicare buy-in scheme.
- 85 — Estimated age at which people could stop paying an extra premium to make up for the cost of benefits for the buy-in group.
- $5,069 — Amount spent on health care for the average 50- to 64-year-old.