Okay, we don’t have to like it, but the economy stinks. It may not have hit you personally, but almost everyone is feeling the sting. If you have seen your sales numbers take a hit, instead of blaming the economy, try a little self-analysis.
Adrian Miller of Adrian Miller Sales Training says there are five questions you should be asking yourself:
- Are you 100 percent certain you have addressed all of your prospect’s hesitancies and concerns?
- Have you made certain the competition hasn’t wormed into the process and caused your prospect to have second thoughts?
- Are you 100 percent certain you presented to the correct person who has buying and influencing authority?
- Are you aware of any “big” change that might be happening in your prospect’s life such as retirement, illness or changes in job or career?
- Are you confident about your selling system so you can see your client through an economic downturn long-term?