The Depository Trust & Clearing Corp. has hired Adam Bryan to be general manager of insurance services.
Bryan previously was managing director for customer satisfaction and service at the DTCC, New York.
The DTCC insurance services unit runs an electronic network that links about 350 insurers, distributors and service providers.
Bryan has a bachelor’s degree in business. He holds the Chartered Accountant professional designation.
In other personnel news:
- The Retirement Income Industry Association, Boston, has hired Stephen Mitchell to be acting chief operating officer.
Mitchell previously was director of participant communications, investor education, planning and advice services for the retirement group at Merrill Lynch & Company Inc., New York.
- Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, New York, has hired insurance industry veteran Deanna Mulligan to be executive vice president in charge of the individual life and disability business.
Mulligan will oversee the Berkshire Life Insurance Company of America unit.
Mulligan, who has been working as a consultant, previously was the senior vice president in charge of the life and annuity business at New York Life Insurance Company, New York.
Mulligan has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Nebraska and a master’s degree in business from Stanford University.
- New York Life Insurance Company, New York, has hired Mark Arning to be general auditor.
Arning succeeds Thomas Warga. Warga, a former chairman of the executive committee of the Institute of Internal Auditors, Altamonte Springs, Fla., is retiring.
Arning previously was senior vice president and deputy general auditor.
Arning has a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Long Island University and a master’s degree from St. John’s University.
Arning holds the Certified Internal Auditor and the Certified Information Systems Auditor professional designations.
- Humana Inc., Louisville, Ky., has hired Christopher Todoroff to be senior vice president and general counsel.
Todoroff previously was senior corporate counsel at Aetna Inc., Hartford.
Todoroff succeeds Arthur Hipwell, who is retiring.
Todoroff has a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Rutgers University and a law degree from Cornell University.
In related news, Humana has promoted Ken Malcolmson to chief executive officer for the West Central Region, from president of the Dallas-Fort Worth commercial market operations, and Celia Burns to fill Malcolmson’s position, from vice president of network development in North Texas.
- Assurant Health, Milwaukee, a unit of Assurant Inc., New York, has promoted Jennifer Kopps-Wagner to senior vice president and general counsel.
Kopps-Wagner previously was vice president, legal.
Kopps-Wagner has a bachelor’s degree from Alverno College and a law degree from the University of Wisconsin. She has served on the chief executive officer task force subcommittee on rescission at America’s Health Insurance Plans, Washington.
- The Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon, Portland, Ore., has hired Jonathan Hensley to be president.
Hensley previously was chief executive officer of the Northwest Region for UnitedHealth Group Inc., Minnetonka, Minn. He also has been vice president of sales at Regence BlueCross.
Hensley is a member of the board of the Seattle-King County chapter of the American Red Cross.
- AIG American General, Houston, a unit of American International Group Inc., New York, has hired Larry Nisenson to be senior vice president of sales for AIG American General’s annuity profit center.
Nisenson previously worked for a unit of Allstate Corp., Northbrook, Ill.
He has a bachelor’s degree in political science from Rutgers University.
- Settlements for Life L.L.C., Memphis, Tenn., has hired Joseph Friedman to be national sales director.
Friedman previously was a registered representative at WexTrust Securities L.L.C., Chicago.
In related news, Settlements for Life has hired Dawn Sorin to be regional vice president for the region that includes Florida, Georgia, New York, Tennessee and Texas.