The asset management of Goldman Sachs Group Inc. has hired David Lee to be a vice president and fixed-income portfolio manager.
Lee previously was a portfolio strategist at Brown Brothers Harriman & Company, New York, where he managed a portfolio that included extreme mortality and natural catastrophe bond investments, according to Goldman Sachs, New York.
Lee has a bachelor’s degree in physics from Princeton University.
In other personnel news:
- The Wellesley Hills, Mass.-based U.S. operations of Sun Life Financial Inc., Toronto, has named Michael Shunney president of Sun Life Financial Distributors Inc., the wholesaling organization for the company’s U.S. annuity business.
Shunney will continue to be general manager of the Sun Life Financial Distribution Group. The group is made up of Sun Life’s U.S. employee benefits and annuity distribution organizations.
Shunney has a bachelor’s degree from Merrimack College.
- Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, New York, has hired Lisa Powell to be vice president of advanced sales for individual products distribution.
Powell previously worked for AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company, New York, a unit of AXA S.A., Paris.
Guardian also has hired Kurt Shallow to be vice president of risk products distribution for risk products distribution, and Bryan Tutor to be vice president and chief financial officer for individual products distribution.
- UnitedHealth Group Inc., Minnetonka, Minn., has named David Wichmann executive vice president of UnitedHealth Group and president of UnitedHealth Group operations.
Wichmann previously was executive vice president at the group level and president of the company’s commercial markets unit.
UnitedHealth also has hired Gail Boudreaux to succeed Wichmann as executive vice president at the group level and as president of the commercial markets arm.
Boudreaux previously was executive vice president of Health Care Services Corp., Chicago, the parent of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield plans in Illinois, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.
- CIGNA Corp., Philadelphia, has hired Marcia Dall to be the financial officer for the CIGNA HealthCare unit.
Dall previously was chief financial officer for the international and U.S. mortgage insurance segment at Genworth Financial Inc., Richmond, Va.
Dall has a bachelor’s degree from Indiana University and a master’s degree from Northwestern University. She holds the Certified Public Accountant professional designation.
- Sentinel Benefits Group Inc., Reading, Mass., a benefits firm, has hired Brendan Sullivan to be vice president of client services.
Sullivan previously was director of client services management at Fidelity Investments, Boston.
Sullivan has a bachelor’s degree in economics from the University of Massachusetts.
- The San Francisco office of Duane Morris L.L.P., a law firm, says Max Stern and Peter Whalen, partners in its trial practice group in San Francisco, are the new leaders of the firm’s insurance and reinsurance industry group.
Stern has a bachelor’s degree from Princeton University and a law degree from Harvard University.
Whalen has a bachelor’s degree from the University of San Francisco and a law degree from the University of California.