The retirement services arm of Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company has hired Joe Connell and Donna Regner Rizzo to be managing directors.
Connell will manage independent distribution channels in Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota and northwest Wisconsin, according to MassMutual, Springfield, Mass.
Connell previously was a regional director at the retirement resources unit of RSM McGladrey Inc., Minneapolis, a unit of H&R Block Inc., Kansas City, Mo.
Connell holds the Certified Retirement Planning Specialist professional designation.
Rizzo will manage independent distribution channels in Colorado, Idaho, New Mexico, Utah and Wyoming.
Rizzo has been mid-Atlantic corporate retirement sales manager at a unit of Merrill Lynch & Company Inc., New York.
Rizzo holds the Certified Financial Planner and Accredited Retirement Plan Consultant professional designations.
In other personnel news:
- Scottish Re Group Ltd., Hamilton, Bermuda, says Hugh McCormick, the company’s executive vice president of corporate development, will be leaving to return to his old job as a partner in the New York office of LeBoeuf, Lamb, Greene & MacRae L.L.P., a law firm.
McCormick, who was a Scottish Re legal advisor while working at LeBoeuf, Lamb, will resume that role, Scottish Re says.
Scottish Re, a life reinsurer, has announced a number of executive departures since it completed efforts to secure $600 million in financing.
- Peach Holdings Inc., Boynton Beach, Fla., has hired Ernest Jordan to be senior vice president and director of life finance.
Jordan will run both the Peachtree unit’s life setlement and life premium finance businesses, Peach says.
Jordan previously was a senior vice president of national markets and group relations at AIG-VALIC, Houston, a unit of American International Group Inc., New York.
Jordan has a bachelor’s degree in management.
- Conseco Inc., Carmel, Ind., has hired William Breshears to be group underwriting director for its worksite insurance operation.
Breshears previoiusly was assistant vice president of group underwriting at American United Life Insurance Company, Indianapolis, a unit of OneAmerica Financial Partners Inc.
Breshears holds the Health Insurance Associate professional designation.
- EHealth Inc., Mountain View, Calif., says Robert Fahlman, vice president of carrier relations and chief operating officer for individual and family customer care, is leaving to become chief executive of a private company.
EHealth, the parent of a Web-based health insurance agency, has promoted Bruce Telkamp to executive vice president of business operations.
Telkamp has been managing the eHealth marketing, business development and legal operations.
EHealth also has promoted Robert Hurley to senior vice president, carrier relations, and Gary Matalucci to vice president, customer care center.
Hurley has worked for the company since 1999, and Matalucci has worked for it since 2003.
- MJM Inc., Raleigh, N.C., has picked Christopher Kinback to be the vice president in charge of its national and international life and health programs.
MJM sells private investigation services to insurers.
Kinback has been manager of the field and vendor services division at Unum, Chattanooga, Tenn.,