Lincoln National Corp. has named Terry Mullen to be president of its Lincoln Financial Distributors unit.
Mullen has been senior vice president for sales at the unit, according to Lincoln National, Philadelphia.
Mullen has managed internal and external sales for LFD’s wholesale distribution operations.
In other personnel news:
- John Hancock Financial Network, Boston, the career distribution unit of Manulife Financial Corp., Toronto, has promoted Brian Heapps to executive vice president of sales and business development.
Heapps has been a network managing partner in the Philadelphia area.
Heapps holds the Chartered Life Underwriter and Chartered Financial Consultant professional designations.
- Principal Financial Group Inc., Des Moines, Iowa, has promoted Chris Calos to vice president of group sales.
Calos succeeds Steve Whitty, who is now vice president of corporate marketing at Principal.
Calos previously was a vice president in Principal’s national accounts division.
- Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, New York, has hired Rone Baldwin to be an executive vice president in its group insurance division.
Baldwin previously was president of the group insurance division at Genworth Financial Inc., Richmond, Va.
Guardian also has hired Timothy Bireley to be vice president of group medical. Bireley previously worked for a unit of Assurant Inc., New York.
- Aetna Inc., Hartford, has hired Joseph Zubretsky to be executive vice president for finance.
Zubretsky previously was senior executive vice president for finance, investments and corporate development at UnumProvident Corp., Chattanooga, Tenn.
Zubretsky will succeed Alan Bennett as chief financial officer when Bennett retires from that post, Aetna says.
In addition to working for UnumProvident, Zubretsky has been chief financial officer of Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company, Springfield, Mass.
Zubretsky has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Hartford.
- Hartford Financial Services Group Inc., Hartford, has promoted Sharon Ritchey to chief operations officer at its U.S. wealth management group and Robert Arena to senior vice president of retail investment product management at the group.
Ritchey previously was a senior vice president in Hartford’s property-casualty insurance operations.
Ritchey has a bachelor’s degree in marketing and a master’s degree in business from Eastern Kentucky University.
Arena has been a senior vice president of retail product management at Hartford.
Arena has a bachelor’s degree in economics from the College of the Holy Cross and a master’s degree in business from the University of Connecticut.
- A unit of MetLife Inc., New York, has hired Kieran Mullins to be head of life insurance underwriting and new business operations for individual business.
Mullins previously was vice president of brokerage underwriting at Lincoln Life, a unit of Lincoln National Corp., Philadelphia.
- Health Net Inc., Los Angeles, has promoted Charles Sowers to president of its Health Net of Arizona Inc. unit.
Sowers has been a regional finance officer at the unit.
Sowers succeeds Mark El-Tawil, who was promoted to chief senior products officer at the parent company.
- First American Insurance Underwriters Inc., Needham, Mass., has hired Holly Casner to be assistant to the president.
Casner previously was a financial representative at Strategic Financial Partners, Waltham, Mass.
Casner has a bachelor’s degree from Middlebury College.
First American is a distributor of life insurance, long term-care insurance and annuity products.
- Conning Asset Management, Hartford, has hired Robert Miller to be a director. He previously was head of insurance business development at Dwight Asset Management Company, Burlington, Vt.
- Peachtree Settlement Funding L.L.C., Boynton Beach, Fla., has hired Edward Barrett to be national area manager for its annuities division.