The parent of Union Labor Life Insurance Company, a large life insurance company that serves labor unions, has announced changes at the top.
ULLICO Inc., Washington, says Joseph Hunt has been elected chairman.
Hunt, general president of the International Association of Bridge, Structural, Ornamental and Reinforcing Iron Workers, Washington, will continue to be general president of that organization.
Hunt succeeds Terence O’Sullivan, who is stepping down after serving as chairman and chief executive officer since 2003.
O’Sullivan is general president of the Laborers’ International Union of North America, Washington.
The ULLICO board also has hired Mark Singleton to be president and chief executive officer. Singleton, who was chief financial officer, has been running day-to-day operations at the company since May.
In other personnel moves:
- National Planning Holdings Inc., Santa Monica, Calif., has hired Jennifer Landefeld to be senior vice president of compliance.
Landefeld previously was chief compliance officer at NNN Capital Corp., Santa Ana, Calif., a wholesale broker-dealer that distributes real estate securities products.
She worked for the National Association of Securities Dealers Inc., Washington, from 1986 to 1992.
Landefeld has a bachelor’s degree in economics from the University of California, Los Angeles.
NPH is a unit of Jackson National Life Insurance Company, Lansing, Mich., which is part of Prudential P.L.C., London.
- Principal Financial Group Inc., Des Moines, Iowa, has hired Chris Calos to be vice president of the company’s national accounts division. He will oversee company’s self-funded health insurance business.
Calos previously was executive vice president of employee benefit solutions at a unit of American International Group Inc., New York.
- Transamerica Reinsurance, Charlotte, N.C., has hired Kenneth Conners to be chief underwriting officer.
Conners previously was vice president of underwriting at Empire General Life Assurance Corp., Overland Park, Kan.
Conners has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Iowa. He holds the Chartered Life Underwriter, Fellow Associate Life Underwriter and Fellow of the Life Office Management Association professional designations.
- Revolution L.L.C., Washington, has hired Jay Silverstein to be president of coverage and Simmi Singh to be senior vice president of strategy and development.
Silverstein previously was chief branding officer at Health Net Inc., Woodland Hills, Calif., and was an early executive of Oxford Health Plans Inc., Trumbull, Conn.
Singh has been national health care practice leader at Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp., Teaneck, N.J.
Singh is a past member of the board of the Healthcare Information Management Systems Society, Chicago
- Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America, Minneapolis, has hired Jeffrey Reeves to be chief people and communications officer.
Reeves previously was chief human resources officer at the Ohio State University Medical Center.
Allianz Life is a unit of Allianz A.G., Munich.