Scottish Re Group Ltd. has promoted Nathan Gemmiti to general counsel.
Gemmiti previously was associate counsel at Scottish Re, Hamilton, Bermuda.
Gemmiti has a bachelor’s degree from Saint Anselm College and a law degree from Boston College.
In other personnel news:
- Nationwide Financial Services Inc., Columbus, Ohio, has hired Larry Milder to lead sales in the independent channel.
Milder previously was director of national sales at MFS Investment Management, Boston.
Milder has bachelor’s degrees in history and psychology from American International College.
- New York Life Insurance Company, New York, has promoted Dennis O’Brien to serve as head of the company’s Austin, Texas-based long term care division.
O’Brien previously was a first vice president and actuary at the company.
O’Brien has a bachelor’s degree in physics from Cooper Union and a master’s degree in physics from Syracuse University.
- The retirement services arm of Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company, Springfield, Mass., has hired Bill O’Grady to be senior vice president of distribution.
O’Grady previously was head of distribution and sales at Pioneer Investments, Boston.
- Principal Financial Group Inc., Des Moines, Iowa, has hired Eileen Conroy to be second vice president and institutional marketing director.
Conroy previously worked in institutional sales and marketing in the group benefits operations at MetLife Inc., New York.
- The Word & Brown Companies, Orange, Calif., has hired Clinton Gee to be chief financial officer.
Gee previously was an executive at Nationwide Health Plans, Columbus, Ohio, a unit of Nationwide Financial Services Inc.
Gee has a bachelor’s degree in accounting from California State University at Chico. He holds the Certified Public Accountant professional designation.
- Conseco Inc., Carmel, Ind., has hired Mike Johnson to be vice president of information technology risk management.
Johnson previously was a technology executive at Chase Insurance, a company that is now part of Protective Life Corp., Birmingham, Ala.
Johnson has a bachelor’s degree in economics from the University of Illinois.
- Baltimore Life Insurance Company, Owings Mills, Md., has hired Donna Sivigny to be a business and pricing actuary.
Sivigny previously was a marketing actuary in the Baltimore-based U.S. arm of Old Mutual P.L.C., London.
Sivigny has a bachelor’s degree in mathematics from Pennsylvania State University. She is a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries.
- Deutsche Asset Management, a unit of Deutsche Bank A.G., Frankfurt am Main, Germany, has hired Barton Holl to be a managing director and head of North American relationships
Holl, who will be based in New York, previously was a vice president for new business development at General Re-New England Asset Management Inc., Farmington, Conn.
Holl has a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Babson College.