Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. has hired Glenn Lammey to be chief financial officer of its Hartford Life unit.
Lammey succeeds Lizabeth Zlatkus, who is now president of Hartford’s international wealth management and group benefits unit, according to Hartford, Simsbury, Conn.
Lammey previously was chief financial officer of Travelers Life & Annuity Company, Hartford, which was acquired by MetLife Inc., New York, in 2005.
Lammey has a bachelor’s degree in management from Bucknell University and a master’s degree in business from Northwestern University. He holds the Chartered Financial Analyst professional designation.
In other personnel news:
- INVEST Financial Corp., Tampa, Fla., has hired Richard Koll to be senior vice president of business development.
Koll, who will be based in Central Valley, N.Y., previously was senior vice president of marketing and new business development at Independent Financial Marketing Group Inc., Purchase, N.Y.
Koll has a master’s degree in managerial finance from Iona College and a bachelor’s degree in finance and marketing from Manhattan College.
- Mutual of Omaha Insurance Company, Omaha, Neb., has hired William Vigliotte to be vice president of individual underwriting.
Vigliotte previously was chief underwriter at the main operating unit at Protective Life Corp., Birmingham, Ala.
Vigliotte has a bachelor’s degree from Boston College.
- The Michigan Office of Financial and Insurance Services has hired Kathy Fagan to be a public information officer.
Fagan previously was a senior communications coordinator at Donovan and Smith Marketing & Media Inc., Lansing, Mich. She has a bachelor’s degree from Michigan State University.
- Genworth Financial Inc., Richmond, Va., has promoted Chris Olson to president of the company’s Medicare supplement insurance business, which includes a recently acquired insurer, Continental Life Insurance Company, Brentwood, Tenn.
Olson, who will based in Brentwood, previously was vice president of new business operations at the Genworth business based in Lynchburg, Va.
Olson has a bachelor’s degree in economics from Duke University.
- Transamerica Worksite Marketing, Little Rock, Ark., has brought in 3 executives to help manage voluntary benefits sales in the company’s Western region.
The company, a unit of AEGON N.V., The Hague, Netherlands, has hired Chris Story, Belinda Strombeck and Shawn Smith to be regional vice presidents.
Story, who is responsible for the northern half of Texas, has been a project manager at Universal Benefits Company, Dallas.
Strombeck, responsible for south Texas, was at ING North America.
Smith, who is in charge of sales in California, was a senior benefit consultant at EOI Service Company, Orange, Calif.
- Protective Life Corp., Birmingham, Ala., has hired Scott Adams to be chief human resources officer.
Adams previously was an executive search consultant at Anderson & Associates, Charlotte, N.C.
- ARAG North America Inc., Des Moines, Iowa, has hired Daniel Montgomery to be vice president of claims.
Montgomery previously was a vice president at American Republic Insurance Company, Des Moines.
Montgomery has a bachelor’s degree in journalism and a master’s degree in political science from Iowa State University. He also has a law degree from Drake University.
Montgomery holds the Fellow, Life Management Institute, and Managed Healthcare Professional professional designation.
Montgomery has been chairman of the claims and administrative operations committee at America’s Health Insurance Plans, Washington.
ARAG North America is a unit of ARAG Allgemeine Rechtsschutz-Versicherungs-AG, Dusseldorf.