Close Close

Practice Management > Compensation and Fees

Ron Carson

Your article was successfully shared with the contacts you provided.

Ron Carson

Carson Wealth Management

101 S. 108th St.

Omaha, Nebraska 68154

888-321-0808 o

  • Year practice began: 1983
  • Number of advisors in office: 5 wealth managers, 11 administrative staff
  • Number of Carson’s clients: 30
  • Number of clients of the firm: 600
  • Compensation method: Fees and commissions. 60% of revenues come from fees; the remaining 40% comes from commissions on hedge funds, managed futures, variable annuities, and insurance products (but not equities)
  • Fee for managing assets: Sliding scale beginning at 1.4% and decreasing to 0.8% of assets under management
  • Average fee for a comprehensive financial plan: Clients are charged 0.25% of AUM for the creation of the initial plan, provided the amount is no less than $2,500 and no more than $15,000
  • Hourly rate: NA
  • Client demographics: Couples and families across the country who have a median net worth of $14.5 million and who generally share Carson’s interests in flying, golf, wine-tasting, or college athletics
  • Education: Attended University of Nebraska, where he studied business administration
  • Previous incarnations: Began his financial services career selling insurance out of his college dorm room. That business eventually metamorphosed into his current firm
  • Professional designation(s): CFP, CFS, ChFC
  • Outside interests: Flying, golfing, wine-tasting, college athletics


© 2023 ALM Global, LLC, All Rights Reserved. Request academic re-use from All other uses, submit a request to [email protected]. For more information visit Asset & Logo Licensing.