- Commerzbank Securities named David G. Madon senior structured derivatives marketer and product manager. Mr. Madon was most recently with Credit Lyonnais, New York, where he was managing director and head of the Americas’ division. In his new position, he will help develop Commerzbank’s structured derivatives business and be part of the sales unit headed by Sam Gottesman. This is one of five recent hires in the Commerzbank New York office.
- The former assistant secretary of the Treasury, Mr. Richard Clarida, is the new chief economic strategist for the Clinton Group, New York, an investment firm with US$10.3 billion in assets. Mr. Clarida was nominated by President George W. Bush to be assistant secretary of the Treasury for economic policy. In his new position, Mr. Clarida will head global economic analysis, developing economic models for the firm. He will also be an adviser in the design and execution of strategies in global markets as well as be a part of the firm’s risk management oversight committee.
- Richard L. Finlay is a new partner and head of Conyers Dill & Pearman’s Cayman Islands’ office. Before joining the international offshore law firm, Mr. Finlay was with Charles Adams, Ritchie & Duckworth in Grand Cayman. He will focus on general corporate and commercial matters, specifically mutual funds and other investment vehicles as well as securitization and structured finance.
- Hong Kong-based Asian specialist hedge fund broker KE Absolute appointed John Chung Lee as an associate director and head of alternative strategies. Mr. Lee joins from private investment manager Search Investment Group, where he researched investment opportunities in Asia for private investment funds. In his new position he will lead a team of four providing customized research and investment ideas for alternative investors focusing on the Asian markets.
- Horizon Cash Management LLC, Chicago, promoted four executives. Annette Cazenave, vice president, marketing director, and Mark Clements, vice president and portfolio manager, are principals. Pauline Slager, finance director, and Cary Musser, senior portfolio manager, have been named senior vice president from vice president.
- Christopher McPeters has joined Reno, Nev.-based software maker Strategic Financial Solutions LLC as a software developer. Before joining the developer of asset-allocation and investment analysis PerTrac 2000 SE, Mr. McPeters worked with Global Docket, where he developed a web-based email system for legal professionals.