- Identify the trainings value and how its been made to pay off.
- Develop a plan for accomplishing the learning.
- Put the training in the context of what you already know.
- Keep application and practicality in mind throughout the training.
- Set aside enough time without interruptions.
- Create the right environment for learning.
- Identify what must be memorized and what you can rely on from reference sources.
- Dont let the details swamp the goal and value of the training.
- Find ways to make the training valuable.
10. Test yourself periodically to see what you have learned.
Reproduced from National Underwriter Life & Health/Financial Services Edition, September 23, 2002. Copyright 2002 by The National Underwriter Company in the serial publication. All rights reserved.Copyright in this article as an independent work may be held by the author.